One of my favorite rooms in our house has always been our sunroom. I love that it is open and airy — with lots of windows bringing in lots of light. But, unfortunately, it could only be used two seasons out of the year (spring and fall). With a small home, you want to be able to use all the space you have, so we recently renovated our sunroom into a room that could be used year-round.
Originally, when we moved into our home, the sunroom was the first space we updated. The wood walls were coated with a fresh coat of white paint, and e
As you will learn from this blog, blue is my favorite color, so I painted the ceiling a light blue. We also bought an indoor-outdoor sectional and lots of throw pillows.
It was a nice room: a space we enjoyed relaxing in when reading a book or watching TV. But, like all sunrooms, it got way TOO cold in the winter and way TOO hot in the summer.
Because I am always thinking of ways to improve the spaces in our home, I knew the sunroom needed insulation, a ductless heating and cooling system, wood floors (to match the rest of our house), a fresh coat of paint, and a custom bench.
So, to make a long story short, we found a contractor and (even with some hiccups) the room came out exactly as I envisioned.
Former sunroom becomes favorite spot in the house
The new space has the same colors with a light blue ceiling and white walls, plus new furniture, an area rug, and pretty wall decor.
And now it’s one of my favorite rooms in the house…and you’ll find me in there most nights.
My decorating list
- Sofa: Keegan 90″ 2-piece reversible chaise sectional sofa in peacock blue, Macy’s
- Rug: nuLOOM traditional vintage distressed 5’3″ x 7’7″ area rug in blue, Overstock.com
cabinet: TwoCamilla farmhouse storage cabinet, Cost Plus World Market tone
- TV: Toshiba 50-inch 4K
ultraHD smart TV HDR- Fire TV Edition, Amazon* (Bought during Amazon Prime Day, but priceis still amazing at $279.99)
- Ceiling fan: Harbor Breeze, Lowe’s
- Blue starfish throw pillows: Thro by Mario Lorenz, guessing HomeGoods/Marshall’s/T.J.Maxx. Similar styles found here* and here
- Red coral throw pillows: Safavieh velvet coral, Target (no longer available). Same pillows here, set of 2*
- C-side table: T.J. Maxx
- Cordless window shades: Honeycomb cordless cellular shade in white, Boscov’s
- Bench baskets: Woven storage basket, At Home
- Picture frames: Michaels and A.C. Moore
- Live, Laugh, Love metal signs: I got them so long ago, I really have no idea. Similar style found here*
*Disclosure: I am part of the Amazon Affiliate program, meaning, at no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Items listed were purchased by me and noted on my post because I believe they are quality items and would recommend them to family and friends.